Hello, sorry for the long delay in writing. If I’m being truly honest I lost a bit of motivation and inspiration to write. Plus life just got the better of me. I don’t know if this is me “coming back” to blogging but I would like to post something at least once a month.
Three weeks ago it was my Birthday! Something I like to do for my birthday is write a list of things I want to do before my next birthday. I do this because I’m not a fan of New Years Eve and setting revelations, the pressure to make them really good and make the new year the best year of your life, the year that will change your life – I hate it. I find setting goals that are time managed by my birthday are a lot more personal and about personal growth rather than the promise of I will do this, that and the other, it just seems unrealistic and impersonal.
Covid has had a big impact on all of us this year. It has stopped us from doing our favourite things, cancelled exciting plans and well, just made everything a bit shit. With that in mind I have added things to my list that are pretty simple such as going to my favourite restaurant. Goals don’t need to be big things and don’t need to change your life, they can be any shape or size you like them to be. Some of my goals are in my comfort zone, some I know will take a lot of hard work. No matter their size I know that each one will give me the opportunity to grow and discover something new about myself.
So, with that, here is my list:
- Write at least one blog post a month.
- Read 10 books.
- Finish and achieve my level 3 counselling skills course.
- Apply to level 4 counselling skills course.
- Go on holiday, even if its a little weekend break at an Air B&B.
- Get back into an activity/ sport. Maybe swimming, walking or yoga.
- Save £500.
- Eat at my favourite restaurant.
- Write a letter to myself to open in five years on my 30th birthday.
- Visit a landmark in England that I have never been to before.
- Finish knitting that scarf I started two years ago.
- Lean sign language – Do a course.
- Start a new diary.
- Start a mental health blog, or talk more about it on this blog.
- Get an Indian head massage.
- Get my hair cut professionally.
- Move in with my partner.
- Grow my Body Shop team and have 3 new consultants.
- Understand the blogging community better, do my research on this, maybe subscribe to Blogoshere.
- Go strawberry picking.
- Subscribe to Planet Mindful magazine or/ and Breathe magazine.
- Buy myself a bunch of flowers every month.
- Visit the seaside.
- Keep a house plant alive that isn’t cactus.
- Go Swimming
- Buy myself my favourite perfume.
And that is my list! I’m going to ignore the urge to justify them as I know some of them seem like pennies when I’m promising pounds. I wonder what your goals are for the coming year? Let me know below!